The pages in the Academics section are a work in progress, so you might be seeing a blank page or pages in various stages of development. Check back soon to see what's new!
The Fine Arts Department at KCD
- Nurtures and develops individual creative expression and problem solving techniques.
- Provides balance to the purely intellectual aspects of learning.
- Enhances aesthetic appreciation.
- Produces a well-rounded, observant, articulate student.
- Offers a breadth of curricular and extra-curricular art, music, and drama offerings for junior kindergarten through grade 12.
- KCD's fine arts center includes a 400-seat theater and dedicated arts classrooms.
- The KCD Fine Arts Academy offers after school arts classes as well as private and semi-private instrumental and voice instruction.
- The Middle School Drama Society and Middle School Speech teams have both won numerous national awards, and upper school choral students are regularly selected for the KMEA All State Choir.
- There are multiple performance opportunities in drama and music beginning in Lower School.
- A state-of-the-art piano lab
- The arts at KCD enjoy the support of the many parents and alumni in the Fine Arts Guild.
- An annual Artist in Residence program that brings working artists to KCD to teach classes at all grade levels.
- Upper school classes in graphic design and the role of technology in visual art.